Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Good Things From God

One of the highlights of my short tenure as a pastor happened last week. I had the honor of dedicating two babies to the Lord last week. From what I was told, it was the first baby dedication at First Assembly Bonham in several years. Not really sure why that was the case, but it sure was exciting to have those two little bundles of joy on the platform along with extended family members.

As this is my first pastorate (I came to the Lord late in life), I really was not sure how you did a multiple dedication. I had seen my pastor in Houston do one, but here I not only had two to do, but they were also cousins! But all went off without a hitch. The little ones were on their best behavior and Moms and Dads were very happy.

The experience made me realize how we can take gifts from the Lord for granted. We don't always recognize the He really is the source of all things good. And looking into those two little faces, knowing that if the Lord tarries that they will grow up into a world full of temptation, brought even closer to home how much we need to seek the Lord in all things. We need His presence in our lives. With His presence comes His power. And if we have His power, there is nothing we can't accomplish.

Seek Him, not him.

No comments: