Monday, April 16, 2007

Commitment...Is It Really a Bad Word?

Commitment...It's a word some people seem to want to shy away from. Don't want to be tied down to anything. Really like my freedom. I want to be able to come and go as I please.

Some church folks are that way. They don't want to make a full commitment to the Lord. "Jesus, I want to follow You while I'm at church on Sunday, but come Monday when I have to go back to work, You just might have to take a back seat to all the other things I face during the week."

Won't work that way. You won't make it, and He isn't going to be a part of something like that. Paul us tells throughout his letter to the Galatians that we can only experience true freedom when we are completely committed to Christ. Not to religion or churches, but to Jesus Christ.

When we get past the religion thing, and move into a full commitment to Jesus Christ and Him crucified, then we will experience the true freedom and fullness of life He came to allow us to have.

So be committed. And then go infect someone with the love of God. It will give you a high that you only can have through knowing you are doing the work He left you here to do.

No comments: