Sunday, April 8, 2007

WOW! What a Day!

Awesome! The only way to describe Resurrection Day! God was so there at First Assembly today. His presence was ushered in during morning prayers, and just continued to build all through Praise and Worship.

As I took the platform, I could really sense that He was going to do great things in the lives of folks today. Even as I read the scripture for the message, He gave me a word for some folks in the congregation. All through the message, I could feel in my spirit that He was up to great things.

We had great attendance, with one of the largest number of visitors we have ever experienced. I had asked our members to really go out and encourage friends and relatives that don't normally come to church to be with us today, and boy did they come through! Hats off and well done to the regulars! You done good!

The altar service was wonderful. People who had been experiencing valleys in their lives came forward for prayer and I truly believe that they re-established themselves with the Lord. People who has walked away from God came forward and re-dedicated themselves. It was truly a spectacular sight to see parents and in one case grandparents come and watch their loved ones return to the Lord. God is so good, but then He is God!

Thanks to the praise and worship team for a great service, and many blessings on all those who invited folks to come and celebrate with us. Y'all done a good thing, and He is watching. Be expecting Him to continue to move.

1 comment:

Donny Phillips said...

Praise be to Jesus. I was excited to read your report on reaching people with the Gospel. Glad you could put it on the blog. Be Blessed. D