Thursday, April 12, 2007

Dreams and Vessels

Change. I really sense that it is here. I feel that God is truly up to something great, and that if we will be sensitive to the Holy Spirit, we can be a part of a fantastic move of the Spirit. People are more open than ever to listen to the gospel, and if we will reach out, we can start a God directed change that can affect the entire world.

It only takes one person to start an epidemic. What if a bunch of folks on fire for God reached out in a loving relationship with one other person, and that person caught the love of Jesus Christ. And then that person reached one other. Before long, we would have a breakout of Christianity of pandemic proportions.

I know, you might say that's pie in the sky dreaming. You can't save the whole world. Well let me live in my world. A world where the power that raised Jesus Christ from the grave is freely available to anyone who will receive. A world where my Bible says that God will do exceedingly and abundantly more than I can imagine. And let me tell you I have a big imagination!

I expect Him to do great and mighty things through vessels He can use. I want to be a vessel He will use. I want to be part of the epidemic of Christianity that I sense is going to sweep over the world. The prophet Joel says that in the last days He will pour out His Spirit upon all flesh. I want to be part of the pouring. How about you? Want to get wet?

No comments: